For Sales & Telemarketing Rep Recruiting - Visit www.kdrep.com or Call (913) 449-3860
Sales – While each salesperson will impart their own unique personality and style, there are some basic techniques that will universally benefit everyone; From focusing on the customer and their needs / priorities, to using impactful language to really convey value, every member of a sales team will benefit from these tools; Once they are practiced, they become internalized and like second nature… and then success happens!
Management – Establishing daily sales reporting in order to effectively manage rep performance and generate accurate forecasts. Implementing reward and incentive programs to create a fun, fast-paced and dynamic sales environment. Creating a culture where reps care about the company and each other.
Recruiting – Focused on recruiting reps with the talent and drive to take full advantage of training and achieve long-term sales success; Select stand-out sales professionals who can work on a peformance-based compensation model.
Telemarketing, Lead Generation & Appointment-Setting – From the powerful opener / introduction to the closing of the call, each contact is a chance to get a "yes"; Best practices are taught to optimize wording and really sell the value of the service / product; Setting a positive, conversational tone is also taught in order to get the commitment to move forward to the next step in the sales process; Finally, learning the art of a strong close, one that reinforces the benefit of the product and leaves the potential customer intrigued and wanting more information; Making the most of each call is a MUST for a dynamic sales team.
Script Writing – Simple cold-calling (lead generation) scripts that follow a model of recent inside sales achievements; Rep(s) will internalize, display confidence and sustain exemplary productivity over the long-term.
Training – Overseeing and facilitating complete rep training on products, services and best practices. Specializing in: cold-calls (lead generation), using CRMs, lead forms & proposal systems, how to transition into sales calls, closing techniques, and more.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE BASE & RESOURCES
M.A. with Honors, Lewis University, Romeoville, IL (1994)
B.A., University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA (1992)
DIRECTOR OF SALES & RECRUITING
KEVIN DOWNEY RECRUITING SYSTEMS, OVERLAND PARK, KS
• Devised and executed strategic recruitment plans aligning with company’s goals by utilizing a strong working knowledge of business analysis techniques.
• Managed job advertising and optimization for client job postings while providing advice and coaching on all aspects of recruitment and talent management.
• Sourced resumes to select paramount, qualified candidates and conducted interviews to assess credentials, aptitude for learning, personality, character, and work ethic.
OWNER AND GENERAL MANAGER
LEAWOOD OFFICE BUSINESS CENTER, LEAWOOD, KS
• Project Manager of multi-million dollar real estate development and Operating Director of full-service executive suites facility that saw annual sales of over $650,000.
• Oversaw and analyzed budget and profit loss statements, assertively developed new business opportunities through advertising, public relations, sales and product pitches, and implemented business strategies to ensure the longevity and health of the operation.
• Hired, developed, trained, and coached staff while prioritizing employee engagement to ensure a company culture where identity, goals, and service expectations were valued.
SALES EXECUTIVE (OUTSIDE SALES)
CALLAWAY GOLF COMPANY, CARLSBAD, CA
• Managed $1.8MM sales territory for one of the largest golf manufacturers in the world through detailed, extensive knowledge of products and exceptional client interpersonal service.
• Generated external sales to key businesses and stakeholders through lead development and meticulous follow-up while building professional relationships for repeat business. Resulted in client loyalty and revenue generation that exceeded objectives.
TERRITORIAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (OUTSIDE SALES)
SLAZENGER GOLF COMPANY, GREENVILLE, SC
• Responsible for sales growth from $400,000 at time of appointment to in-excess of $1,500,000 in two years. Exceeded all measurable objectives.
• Delivered exceptional service in a business-to- business environment while delivering on administrative duties and reporting of sales leads.
Kevin Downey, born and raised in Orland Park, IL, is a Kansas City area professional and entrepreneur with a history of success in business development and sales. He grew up in an entrepreneurial family, with immigrant grandparents who ventured into the restaurant business in the 1950’s.They sold their restaurant in the 1970’s and built a ceramic tile retail and distribution business, where Kevin spent a lot of his time growing up. This business evolved into one of the largest importers of European ceramic tile in the United States.
Kevin completed his Master’s Degree with Honors from Lewis University in Romeoville, IL. Prior to that Kevin attended the University of Iowa where he completed his Bachelor’s Degree and met his wife, Melissa in the late 80’s. They are both still Hawkeye fans.
Kevin’s early successes were in the golf industry. He was a golf professional right out of college, and then drifted towards golf sales. He started out as an Outside Sales Executive at Slazenger Golf Company in Greenville, South Carolina in 1997, where he more than tripled sales in his territory within two years. Kevin later worked in a similar role for Callaway Golf Company in Carlsbad, California where he continued to see exceptional results and established his mastery of the sales profession. Kevin moved to the Kansas City area with Callaway in 2000.
In 2003, Kevin got the entrepreneurial itch and opened Leawood Office Business Center, an Executive Office Suites. He served as the project manager of the multi-million dollar real estate development and then utilized his sales background to develop the business through advertising, public relations, and product pitches. He also built an engaged, well-trained staff and implemented business strategies to ensure the long term health of the operation.
In 2014, Kevin founded and directed Kevin Downey Recruiting Systems in Overland Park, KS. Kevin created a formula for optimizing the recruitment process using his solid business analysis abilities. His keen eye for high-quality, qualified candidates combined with his advertising background built a business that produced boundless talent for his clients.
Kevin spends his free time enjoying his wife and two sons, coaching ice hockey, fitness, and traveling to as many exciting places as possible.